My account of life both on and off of two wheels...... "At least I'm enjoying the ride"

Friday, May 14, 2010

Vivid dreams and nice surprises

It's Friday...it's raining and I feel sort of off again today. More of a continuation of yesterday. Not sure if it's all just settling in or why I feel like I should be doing something I'm not??? I wrote a whole entry for yesterday and never posted it up. I think I'll just leave most of that for my personal journal. It ended up being a hard day for me. I woke up in the early morning after a dream that was unsettling. I have those a lot these days. I know they are just dreams, right? I have always had an ability to remember my dreams so vividly. The people, the places, all the way down to the smells in the air. It's as if I'm really there but I know I'm sleeping. Sometimes these dreams are hard to shake for the remainder of the day. I'm sure some of this fear will go away post surgery but in the meantime....

Yesterday was a beautiful day and I knew I had to get out to ride. I kept trying to stay focused on my daily tasks but one thing led to another and it was 5 pm and I missed some friends who already headed into the woods. I forced myself out of the house and headed to the nearest trail. I was tired and in a funk. Wasn't sure if I wanted to ride but I rolled into the parking lot and there was a dear friend, ready to roll. What a nice surprise. It was not a planned meeting but I figured the universe had a better idea for me and it was not to ride alone. Really enjoyed our impromptu ride in the woods, thank you.

Anyway, I plan to ride this weekend as much as possible. The weather should be sunny and in the 70's. If it needs to rain today, so be it.

No comments:

Post a Comment