My account of life both on and off of two wheels...... "At least I'm enjoying the ride"

Monday, May 17, 2010

Running out of time...

The weekend came and went way too fast. They always do but lately those moments never seem long enough. Beautiful weather, great bike rides and good times with friends.

I realized today that I have way too much to do before my surgery in 8 days. It really won’t be enough time so I will do what I can and leave the rest to well, whatever happens. I’ll sit down tomorrow and sort through the list and start a new one, yet again.

I have the final meeting with the plastic surgeon tomorrow and it still seems so unbelievable that this is me going through this. I asked my sister today during one of our many long distance phone calls. “Do you think I really need to have this surgery?” It’s really one of those questions that I already know the answer to and of course I got that answer “yes my sister, you need to have this surgery”. Somehow, it does not seem fair but there are so many diseases that are more unfair and cruel than this. It doesn’t change how I feel but it does make me feel a little better about what is ahead. So, off to the PS tomorrow and we finalize the plans. At least I have choices.

2 comments: