My account of life both on and off of two wheels...... "At least I'm enjoying the ride"

Friday, September 10, 2010

So far, so good.

It has been 24 hours since the start of my last treatment and so far the side effects have been pretty minimal.  I hope it stays that way.  It is too soon to really tell what the side effects may do to me, as they can take a few days to build up and come to the surface.  I'm trying to just roll with it and not give it any energy.

The treatment day was extra long due to the nature of these new drugs.  I had good company at the treatment, so the time passed by pretty quickly. Or as quick as 8 hours can go by when you are stuck in the hospital. 

I had an appointment this morning with my plastic surgeon.  It has been a month since i last saw her, so it was nice to have the "everything looks good" from her rather than me just assuming that all is ok.

The upside to the visit was that she was able to expand my implants today- progress.  We are on a time schedule of sorts, as I have to be fully expanded before I start radiation.  At this point I don't have a start date but it should be somewhere around the end of November.  I only can get 50 cc's of saline at a time to avoid too much pain and discomfort as we are expanding my tissue.  I can only have this done the day after treatments as typically that is when my white blood cell count is still up.  My next appointment with the plastic surgeon is in two weeks and if all is well, I get another 50 cc's. 
It is Friday and I am really looking forward to the weekend.  If these side effects stay under control, I will try to get a nice road ride in on Saturday.  Sunday is the Chain Stretcher bike race.  This is a cross country mountain bike race that is put on by our club-WMBA.  G likes to refer to this race as the bare knuckle boxing of mountain bike racing because it is such a hard course.  It is never an easy race and is by far one of the more technical races in the area.  I won this race last year so it has special meaning to me.

The course for this year looks not to disappoint.   Sadly, I'm not racing but if I'm well enough I will head up there to spectate and cheer on my fellow racers and teammates. 


Flier for the race Sunday!  
I wish you all a great weekend! 

1 comment:

  1. I'm rooting for you that it's still a smooth ride and that you could go to the race today!! Depending on how things go, maybe coffee this week?

    ReplyDelete