My account of life both on and off of two wheels...... "At least I'm enjoying the ride"

Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Inquiring minds want to know.


I will cut to the chase. 

My pathology report FINALLY came in today and it is all clear!  The delay had a lot to do with the holidays but also they were double checking some funny looking scar tissue- my technical translation.  The pathologists had to run additional stains to make sure that there was no cancer.   I do like that they were being thorough but really glad that wait is over.

Exhale…

I have been going back to the doctor weekly to get my left side drained of fluid. 

Today, the fluid was half of what it was last week so that is good news.  I do not have to go back for another two weeks but that also means I will not have exercise clearance for two more weeks.  Of course my birthday falls within that two week time period but oh well.  I still have to wear the compression strap 24/7 but I am getting used to it and I know this is just temporary. 

I have been feeling really well minus the fact that I still cannot ride my bike or exercise at all.  I am a tad grumpy about it but I can’t change it so no point in complaining (too much).  The scars are healing up nicely and I am more and more comfortable with my new self than I ever thought I would be. 

2013 has started off slow and a little bumpy but I have felt nothing but good energy for the days ahead! 

Happy New Year!

S.M. 


2 comments:

  1. Great news! A nice way to start the new year. Enjoy your birthday and I hope to see you at a meeting soon. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Clean path report such good news. The compression wrap will soon be a distant memory (not as much a hassle as drain bulbs). The wrap really helps.

    Hope you have a great bday. G-man will no doubt think up something fun, even if you can't ride yet. Great to read you're good with the "new self".

    ReplyDelete