My account of life both on and off of two wheels...... "At least I'm enjoying the ride"

Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Trying something new.

I just received my Omega juicer this week.  Trying something new to boost my immune system.  

This mornings breakfast:

1 whole cucumber
2 large handfuls of romaine lettuce
4 stalks of celery
1 green apple



The Omega 8003 juicer hard at work- this machine is awesome!
Final product- breakfast.   
My first attempt exceeded my expectations.  It was super easy and delicious!  I only had about 12 oz to see how my stomach would handle it.  I will finish the rest at lunch.  It has been recommended that I start off slow especially with some of the leafy greens.  I need to build up my tolerance a bit.  I will keep you posted but if you have any good recipes you want to share, feel free to pass them on!

Cheers!

S.M.




7 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Tasty - glad you liked it because there will be more!

      Delete
  2. I'm fascinated by this. Seems much healthier than the choc chip cookies in my oven right now. Keep us posted on how you're liking it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will be sure to keep you posted. I have to say, as good as my new green drinks are, your cookies sound better!

      Delete
  3. I juice daily, but mostly fruit these days. I find that I look forward to making it, because the fruit is so tasty. I may try your green one , as that sounds good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Pixy-Keeping it mostly green for now- I have to watch the extra sugars. I hope to share some more. I have since added spinach to the above- pretty yummy! Hope you like it.

      Delete