My account of life both on and off of two wheels...... "At least I'm enjoying the ride"

Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Just Busy Living!



J enjoying himself some ice cream!


I have been extremely selective with my time lately.

During 7 weeks of the summer, my sister comes down from Maine to work a job she has had for many years. It is a great job  for her, so while it is hard on her and her family, it pays off in the end. There is not much work up in their parts of the world, so this is necessary. An added bonus for me is my nephew J comes with her. At 21 months, he has been quite the trooper . He has adapted very well and I love having them both around.


Unfortunately, the time goes by way too quickly. Each year I tell myself that I need to make sure I spend as much time with them as possible- no matter what is going on in my life.


Back in the summer of 2010 when I was in chemo treatments, my sister was here for work and she was pregnant with J. The time we spent together was not filled with a ton of exciting activities since we both only really wanted to lay on the couch and watch movies- we still had some great sister time together.


At the local fair. 

This year I have made an even stronger effort and I have the energy to spread myself a little thinner. These times with L & J are very special. I have grown pretty attached to this little guy. So between my visits with them; work; training hours in the Pilates studio and oh yeah…riding my bike, writing has taken a back seat.


It never seems like enough time...


J and L 

If anyone was worried- I am fine… just busy living! 

I hope you are all having a great summer. 


My sis, brother in law and of course G and I.

Stay tuned: G and I will be racing on Sunday August 5 in the DarkHorse 40 and if I keep my nerve, I will be attempting to finish the Hampshire 100.


Darkhorse 40 pre-ride with some good buddies!

S.M. 






1 comment:

  1. Glad to see you've gotten some QT with L and the little man. I can't believe he's 21 months already?! That was fast. No wonder you're trying to catch every moment with him. Lots of love!

    ReplyDelete